Acceptance & Commitment Acceptance & Commitment

My neighbors are going to hate this. ty

Caribesque Caribesque

This is terrific! There's a very joyful vibe to this that grabbed me right away. Great job on the percussion. Must've been a lot of work to do all that. The solo was a thrill ride. I really got the impression of someone giving their all, playing to a live audience and bringing the house down. Very spontaneous sounding and took the whole thing to a new level. Man, I would love to hear this with a live band especially that soli section at 1:25. That coda was sweet, too. Those pretty chords were nice on the ears after all the intense percussion and gave it a sweet, nostalgic feeling.

Nimble responds:

I'm glad you liked it Acme! I tried to give it the right groove feel without it being square, and let me tell you that was difficult as hell. The percussion was definitely something I had to give a couple different options to myself to see which one i liked the best. Now that I'm in Uni and some people are interested this was one of the charts talked about in little pow-wows. Thanks for listening and stay on the lookout! :)

Survival Gangster Survival Gangster

Stellar! The little Holdsworthian part on the first solo put a smile on my face. I also especially liked the ending. Glad to see you are doing the Death Match again. Good luck :)

If Only Tomorrow If Only Tomorrow

This beautiful music and poignant title caught me off guard and caused me to tear up in a crowded coffee shop. Now I sit here, reduced to a sniffling spectacle. Writhing in public discomposure while hiding behind a coffee cup. Thank you for sharing it.

drumdude responds:

Haha,my apologies for making you a sniffling spectacle. Its so mind-blowingly cool that something like music can affect someone in such a way. It's why I do what I do, and this review is a pleasant reminder of that.

Thanks!

The Gravedigger's Lantern The Gravedigger's Lantern

Fun track!
I really enjoyed listening to it. It has a nice spooky energy and atmosphere. I love the drum performance, as well as the one headphone/ conducting approach (been there, lol). The vocals were a nice touch. I also really dug the cool string parts.
I found myself wanting the drums to be bigger or wider somehow, but considering the single mic setup you had they sound pretty damned good. I kinda like the distant quality of that reverb, but it seems to clash a bit with the early reflections of the actual room ( ? sorry, I dunno how to describe what I'm hearing- some kind of phasey-ness) Overall though, I think you got a pretty well-balanced mix. Good work!

frootza responds:

Thanks for the review Acme! Hope you've been well!

Interesting for you to pick up on the phaseyness since we were trying to figure it out ourselves. For this particular recording, the room we are in has a glass bottle collection. If you listen really closely to the isolated drum track you can hear the glass clicking together, but sometimes those little nuances make for a more interesting mix in the long run! I hope we can get a better set up one of these days, we'll see where it goes though haha.

We did what we could, and are just hoping for the best! Again, thanks for the review dude, I'll be sure to return the favor when I can!

Love's Cadence Love's Cadence

Excellent work!

Especially considering the short time you had to put it together.

I was instantly captivated by this music: a subtle blend of mysterious tension and tranquil beauty... with a dash of drama to boot!

There's a lot going on in these two and a half minutes. Yet it doesn't feel forced or overdone, just very natural and easy to fall into.

I'm looking forward to listening to your other (past and future) submissions.

SilentTakedown responds:

I actually made a lot more than this over the weekend and now I wish I could have saved more time to put more polishing into this one. I'm really glad you liked it though! Maybe the polishing would have overdone it.
Thanks for reviewing!

dance of the icicles dance of the icicles

Excellent work!

I wish I could give a more useful review, but I wouldn't change a thing about this piece. I love the bouncy rhythm- nice job on the drums. Good choice of instruments too.
Beautiful... I hope you put more stuff up on NG!

Healexpand(1) Healexpand(1)

I hope the (1) really implies a (2)!

Man... I don't know how you do it, but your stuff always feels like a group of distinct individuals just jamming together. There is a true feeling of improvisation here. There's a fun, whimsical feeling at the start and a trippy atmosphere at the end. I love how this track swings-- the drum performance is magnificent.
I only wish the bass was a little more up front in the mix... not necessarily louder, but more present to match the drums.
About an hour has gone by as I write this review, listening to this loop over and over and only wanting more. Excellent work!

Tokolos responds:

Hey thanks! Good to hear from you Mike!!! Man I really regret selling my old bass guitar !!
The one I have now is sooo terrible, soft and muddy pick ups with a dull flat sound :( .... Youre right, the mix needs sooo much work , esp the bass.
Glad you liked it. I do hope to finish it, but you know me , I've allready started 10 more new half-fin ideas! When I get some time this week I'll drop by your page and listen to all your new songs. Thanks again!!! You rock!

Limbo 316 Limbo 316

Hauntingly beautiful.

I really love the melody, and the instrument you created is PERFECT for it. Very expressive "performance" - I almost expected to hear someone taking a breath in certain spots!

There's a sweet depth to the overall sound- the intimacy of the melody, harp and low string voice contrasts nicely with the ambience of the guitar and the cool panning sound that comes in at 1:25ish.

Love the harp at 2:18, the pizz. bass at 2:34, and especially the intensity at 2:51 that gives way to the quiet, "hanging" sensation of the final seconds. Great ending!

By Jove, I think you've created yet another masterpiece!
Color me impressed.

Shellac responds:

Acmedude! Thanks for the glowing review. I want to turn this into a full on orchestrated mother very soon. Sounds like cubase is treating you well!

Rise of the Vampire Lord Rise of the Vampire Lord

Magnificent!

Dude- I wish I could offer some criticisms, but this is simply a masterpiece!

Excellent composition! The first minute builds with perfection to that awesomely suspenseful moment of silence and cool/scary/swelling cluster sound that kicks off the up-tempo section. The dynamic flow of the piece gives it an impressive sense of cinematic drama.

Great instrumentation! I love the drum and guitar sounds and the way they blend with the orchestral elements.

Super production! The mix sounds as good on little laptop speakers as it does on Mackie HR824s- and I must confess I'm more than a little envious of your abilities in this area.

Then there's the pièce de résistance: the quiet, goose-bump inducing piano coda...

I'm looking forward to checking out your other submissions.

F4LL0UT responds:

Thanks for the extensive review. I'm actually flattered by your kind words, especially since I checked out your own (pretty good) music before answering on your review.

I'm very glad that you like the composition and instrumentation because that's also the stuff that I'm most proud of myself concerning this piece.

But when it comes to the mix it's a totally different story. As I said in the description, I didn't spend much time on the mastering. I composed and mixed the song using a nice hi-fi system that is connected to my PC and I also observed that the song sounds surprisingly well on laptop speakers (or any other kind of speakers that I tried) although I didn't even put much effort into the mix yet (I just went for "okay"-sound so far). But on headphones unfortunately the sound is pretty crappy and I'm actually very annoyed by that. So honestly, there's no reason for kudos concerning the mix. ;)

And as you probably already noticed, my other submissions aren't as epic stuff as this track but be sure to check out the Epilogue soundtrack that I'm gonna upload in a few days (or that you can already listen to on my homepage), perhaps you will like some of those tracks.

And again: Thanks for the positive feedback and the extensive review. :)